Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Travel and New Places

Expo Pomona
Since I last blogged Jane and I went to Pomona California for the Western States Horse Expo. It was beautiful and sunny in Pomona, however I felt that the horse expo itself wasn't a good as in years past. Tis' a shame for all of those who came with high hopes.

Beef Short Rib and Mashed Potatoes

Group Photo at Dinner!
We ended up eating dinner one night with horse trainer Mary Kitzmiller and Kirsten Mew. Plus John Brand came and Shelly from Equi-Sure. What fun times it was!

After Pomona Jane and I worked for a few days at work (In Depth Vision) then headed to Portland, Oregon for the Northwest Sportsman Show. It was a long show and both Jane and I were fighting sickness, but I'm glad I got to go. I was able to eat dinner with my sister Lisa and her husband Craig at Vinnie's in Vancouver. The food was so delicious! (Jane and I ended up eating there twice!!)
Pizza Margarita from Vinnie's

Lisa and Craig


The view from our room at the Red Lion

Jane and a very neat elk.
The next horse expo is Albany in March. I always love going to Albany... Pretty much because I love Oregon and my family is from the Salem area. Plus the Hungarian restaurant in in Albany: Novak's. Who wouldn't want to go there and eat the Chicken Paprika or the Hungarian Gulyas. Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment