Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Life is Full of Adventure

Life is full of adventure. Traveling adventures to be specific. Since the beginning of the new year I've traveled a lot and I hope this trend continues through the year.

For my birthday in January I flew to Phoenix, Arizona first then Atlanta, Georgia next, and finally a car ride to Alabama.  It was a fabulous trip and I was able to spend my birthday with my sister Heidi, her husband David, and their exchange student from Italy, Anna. Highlights of the trip include:
Eating at a really neat Japanese restaurant where they grill the food in front of you.
Alabama got snow!
Heidi and I went to the Natural History museum and then ate Thai food in Anniston.
We played board games.
We played more games.
And even more board games!
On my birthday I got to sing in the Methodist Church choir with Heidi.
We had lasagna for my birthday dinner (my request) along with yellow cake and chocolate frosting.
We ate fabulous cookies from a bakery in Anniston and I drank lots of hot chocolate.
I got to open presents!
All around it was a great birthday!

Last weekend Jane and I traveled up to Red Bluff, California for the Red Bluff Bull and Gelding Sale. It rained so much it wasn't even funny... We had some little hiccups like the fact that the power box was about 100 feet from where we parked Jane's horse trailer, but it was a fun trip. We got tickets to the sponsor dinner, which was really fun! They had meat. Lots of meat. We are talking about New York Steak, meat balls, ribs, and lots of shrimp. Plus it was an open bar, so of course I had to get a drink because I wanted one of the wine glasses that said "Red Bluff 75th Anniversary."

Tomorrow (Thursday at about 4am) Jane and I are going to hit the road and drive down to southern California to Pomona. We will be at the Pomona Horse Expo for the weekend.  Then the following weekend we will fly to Portland Oregon to attend the sportsman expo.

It'll be a lot of travel - but it sure will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment