Saturday, June 28, 2014

Days Fly By

Sometimes the days fly by so fast I can hardly keep track of them. June 12th I headed down to Sacramento to set up the Cornucopia Lodge booth for the Western States Horse Expo.  The first thing I noticed was the weather... its 's warm in California! I loved it.  I did get "slightly" lost getting to the actual expo center, but other than that hiccup setup went well.

Mount Shasta

Jane and I had a good show, although at times it was rather slow.  I did enjoy walking around and meeting different people. Plus I got the chance to watch some of the draft horse driving. It was amazing!
Jane working the booth.

Cal crush wagon

I love staying at Jane's house and she's such a wonderful person! Plus one of my favorite things is waking up in the morning to a brilliant cup of hot chocolate from her.  Simply divine.  I was a little sad to go back to the lodge and back to "real life," but I'll never get tired of riding my horses.  One day I'll just have to go down and take a vacation to Jane's. (If she'll have me!)

After the expo, I jumped right into summer business. The first major event was supplying the horses for the Baker County Mounted Youth Posse Ride.  It's always a little hectic but nothing went terribly wrong and my horses performed beautifully.  I sure do have a good group of horses.

Getting everyone mounted up for the Baker County Youth Posse Ride.

The first week of Wilderness Horse Camp started last Sunday and it's been a long week. The counselors are learning the ropes and the weather has been a little spastic. (Sun then thunderstorms.)  There's still a fairly long to-do list at Horse Camp, but I'm confident I can get it done before the next camp starts... which is this Sunday.

Somewhere in the middle of all this Darice and her hubby came up with their son Eli and we went riding up to the Union Companion Mine.  It was a little rainy but still a really enjoyable ride!

Oh yes. Last but not least, did I blog about the annual Panhandle Snowmobile Club Poker Dinner? Because I cooked  an amazing chicken cordon bleu for over 50 people.  It was glorious chaos.

Cookin'

Now I'm off to try and complete more items on my massive todo list. I'm a little stressed with all that has to be done, but that is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment