Monday, April 28, 2014

A Productive Horse Day

As the weather warms up I've been more productive with my critters. I've been working with Reno pretty constantly. She takes the saddle well and lounges well. My goal before summer hits it to have Reno accepting a small sawbuck pack saddle with little packs and ponying behind another horse. I'm so excited for the day that I can ride her!



WindDancer is also doing well. I've been making him climb stumps and working with some trail obstacles. Our biggest challenge is side passing to the right. (Silly my horse can also side pass one direction.) After an hour with the fence and an aid we are moving fairly well in both directions.  It doesn't look pretty yet but we are getting there.


Is this right? WindDancer asks...

Standing on the stump in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment