Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Historic Columbia River Highway

The Columbia River Highway is my new favorite road in the Pacific Northwest.  I absolutely love it! Right now I Ridgefield Washington visiting my sister Lisa, but before I made it here I took a little detour off I-84 onto the historic and beautiful Columbia River Highway.  I only drove half of my route today and on the way back to Union I plan to hit up the remaining section of road.

The whole reason for this detour? Waterfalls. I was inspired by my friend Jill who recently did a road trip with her husband Ian and they went to the most amazing waterfalls. As a native Oregonian I felt it was my duty to also visit these amazing falls. On the way back I plan on visiting the falls I didn't get a chance to see today.

Below are photos of Horsetail Falls, Multnomah Falls, and Wahkeena Falls. As well as a few smaller falls. I missed Oneonta Falls, but maybe I'll catch it on the way back.

Horsetail Falls

Horsetail Falls

Horsetrail Falls

Lower Multnomah

Random side waterfall.

Multnomah Falls

Multnomah Falls


Wahkeena Falls

Wahkeena Falls



Tomorrow I'm going to get Jane from the airport then set up our booth for the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo. The expo runs from Friday through Sunday. We will be advertising the lodge and all of our great summer adventures.

For now though I'm going to hang out with my sister Lisa and enjoy some delicious pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment