Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Year of the Horse

2014 is Year of Horse. Usually I do some sort of resolutions at the beginning of the year, so in review, here are my resolutions from last year:

1. Figure out what the heck I'm doing in life. A little ambitious and ambiguous? Perhaps.  That didn't happen. I still have no idea what I'm doing with my life.
2. Continue to work with little Misty and the horses across the road. I'll get them rideable... you just watch. Misty is fabulous. I rode her everywhere last summer and she led out with a string behind her.
3. Travel. (Specifically to southeast Asia.) Done. Alexis and I traveled to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
4. Use snail mail to send letters and postcards to my friends. Nope. That didn't work.
5. Continue to keep Horse Camp profitable and perhaps get 'Catch a Falling Star Rides' up and running. Horse camp did good and hopefully Jane and I can make Catch a Falling Star Rides happen.
6. Look into a Masters Program or at least take the GRE. I have done neither I have at least created an excel spreadsheet with different degrees.
7. Maintain a healthy weight and keep my muscles nice and toned. Done.
8. Read more. Done.
9. Knit a piece of clothing (sweater, vest, etc.) Didn't happen.
10. Continue to improve my musical talents with all of my instruments. I would love to have a piano up here to keep playing, but at least I have my clarinet, guitar, and saxophone here.
11. Drink more water! This is more challenging than it should be I think I improved on this resolution.
12. Keep blogging! (Also, print my blog so I have a physical copy of it.) I've kept on blogging away! I still would like a physical copy of my blog though.
13. Learn how to work with fondant for cakes and cupcakes. I'm working on the fondant but have experimented with it several different times.

This year my resolutions are:
1. Travel. It doesn't have to be abroad, but I would like to go somewhere new and different.
2. Ride my horse somewhere new and different. It could be a trail I've never explored, a new wilderness area, or even out of state.
3. Learn how to properly work my new DSLR. Try new techniques and learn what every button and function does.
4. Continue to keep a healthy body weight and maintain muscle tone.
5. Read at least a novel a month. Sometimes I don't get a chance during the summer to read so I would like to make it a goal for this year.
6. Craft. Whether it be oil painting or knitting.
7. Work with Kiwi (my new baby horse).
8. Learn to do something new. A new sport, a new skill, a new language, anything…
9. Learn how to properly drive a team. That way, eventually I can purchase a new draft horse or mule team and use them at the lodge, in parades, etc. 
10. Try a new equine sport. Cutting, team penning, endurance ride, or anything else. I'm not sure this is a "resolution" but I would like it to be a goal for next year. 

That's all for now…. These are pretty sad resolutions but hey. Maybe I'll accomplish some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment