Monday, December 9, 2013

Visiting Alabama

This week I am in Alabama visiting my sister and her family! It's nicer weather in Alabama than in Oregon, although there has been a fair amount of rain here.  I'm really glad to be visiting family during the holiday season and I am glad that my sister is done teaching college so we have time to hang out.

With my Mom Pre-Airport Flight
(When she dropped me off.)
So far it has been a busy couple of days here. I got here late Saturday night on a delayed flight because they had to de-ice our plane. (That was after we switched to a smaller plane because there were only 28 people on the flight.)  The next day, Sunday, I sang with the choir in church. We get to wear fun little robes and sit in front of the congregation.

Dressed up to Sing
 I also bought myself an early Christmas present…

New Nikon
It is a Nikon D7000. It has all the fancy features and trimming, so I have a feeling it will take me a while to figure it all out. I've been taking a lot of photos around the house and different places we go - but I really want to go take some outdoor photos and see if they are any different/better.

My Awesome Christmas Wrapping Skills

Erin and Daniel Playing in the High School Band Concert

I'm not sure what the rest of the week will hold but I have no doubt that it will be fun and nice to be with family.

1 comment: