Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's 2014

“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words awaits another voice.”
- T.S. Eliot

For my family New Year's ever consists of gathering around a warm fire, enjoying finger food, and watching a movie. Then at 9pm I'll watch the ball drop in New York on an east coast television station and most likely go to bed. I'll be sound asleep as 2014 rolls in and a new year officially begins.

But before I headed to bed I wanted to take a short little look back at 2013.

The year started out with an amazing trip to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Singapore, and Hong Kong. I'm so thankful that Alexis was willing to travel with me and that could make the whole trip happen! Who knows, maybe in 2014 we will get to travel somewhere else exciting. (I hope so!)

I shoveled a lot of snow. And skied.

I traveled to Albany for the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo. That's where we Mark and I met someone from "The Horse Show with Rick Lamb." Little did we know that later this would land us a spot on TV. (It just aired Dec. 31st 2013!)  I'm so glad that Jane and Diana came to Cornucopia Lodge - they are amazing. Want to watch our episode? Check it out:




I took a side trip to The Painted Hills of Oregon.

I spent time with my grandma in La Grande and later in Salem. I am so glad that I got to see her a lot in 2013 and I hope that I will get to see her a lot in 2014! I love my family.

I also got to see my friends, which is pretty amazing considering we aren't close (distance-wise).

I went to a competitive trail horse challenge where I once again discovered that my horse is amazing and I have the best dog ever.  I also met new friends. And rode someplace different.

Heidi and her family came to visit. We drove up to Summit Point and the view was incredible. I'll never tire of standing on top of a mountain. I also got to see the Dempsey's before Christmas. Best present ever! It was really fun to spend time with everyone and it was especially fun to take a little mini-trip to Atalanta with Heidi.

I spent another summer riding horses in the Eagle Cap Wilderness. It is my favorite thing to do! I love my horses more than words can describe.

I learned how to oil paint. Thank you Kay Marie! My first old painting was of a large flower. It won first place in the local county fair. I'm currently working on several other paintings… maybe when they are finished I'll do a blog post about them.

I carved a pumpkin and was a scarecrow for Halloween. You are never too old to dress up when there is a horse involved.

I acquired Kiwi - my little filly from the Umatilla Indian Reservation.

I traveled to Multnomah Falls and the Oregon Coast. I also went to Seattle and Boise for snowmobile expos with a booth for the lodge and Baker County Tourism.

Now winter is here and 2014 is almost here also! I'm sure I forgot things that happened in 2013, but that's a pretty good recap.  Happy New Year's to everyone! Be safe and have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment