Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Oregon Coast

While visiting my grandma in Salem we took a trip to the Oregon coast. I love the coast and I love seeing the ocean, although I wish the ocean was warm like it is off the coast of Australia.  We drove around Lincoln City and ended up in Newport.  In Newport we ate lunch at the original Mo's and indulged in some amazing calm chowder.

Ocean Seagull

Waves Splashing the Rocks

Standing on the Beach

After lunch we headed to the Yaquina Head Lighthouse.  The lighthouse stands at 93 feet and was originally lit on August 20, 1873.  I think it's a beautiful structure and we saw it on a nearly perfect day, aside from the howling wind.

Yaquina Head Lighthouse

Sunset from Yaquina Head Lighthouse

Yaquina Head Lighthouse

It was such a perfect day at the coast and I was really happy that the fog stayed away! I'm also glad that I got to spend the day with my grandma and had a chance to explore a little more of Oregon.

I almost forgot, on the way back from the coast we stopped at the Drift Creek Bridge which was constructed in 1914.  It is a beautiful red covered bridge. Now all I need is a horse and wagon to go across in!



No comments:

Post a Comment