Saturday, July 6, 2013

Baker Youth Posse Ride

Each year the Baker County Mounted Posse puts on an annual youth trail ride in the mountains.  (There can be as many as 50 youth involved, boys and girls ranging in age from 12 to 15.) Each year we rent our horses to the Posse... it usually turns into a lot of work but it's nice that the kids get to go camping and ride horses in the mountains.

This year we rode out on ODFW property just outside of North Powder towards Anthony Lakes. It was really hot and humid, then we had a massive thunderstorm the first night. Scout got so scared he jumped into the gooseneck with me and we head-butted. (I have a lovely cut on the inside of my lip to prove it.) Our horses did good for the Posse Ride and I think everyone had a good time. Mark and I were certainly tired after saddling/feeding/watering/unsaddling that many horses each day!



No comments:

Post a Comment