Wednesday, July 24, 2013

After the 4th...

I haven't blogged since the 4th of July? Oh my goodness... time has really gotten away from me. So here's a quick catch-up of things you missed:

My sister Lisa came to visit, I learned to carve stamps, learned about "letter boxing" (google it), and took a trip to the Hells Canyon Overlook.

My stamp!

Hells Canyon Overlook

Horse camp has been going well, this week is Saddle Club (for beginner/younger riders), and I've gotten some great photos of Scout.


I tried to make it to the top of Cornucopia Peak. I got close, but didn't actually manage to get a horse to the top. Next time maybe. Still beautiful though!

Cracker heading up the Jim Fiske Trail.

FireCracker below Cornucopia Peak.
Let's see... what else have I missed? We have had a lot of people at the lodge lately so it has been really busy! I'm pretty tired, but thankful my dad hired two young girls from Halfway to come do dishes when we are really busy.  I've taken out a bunch of 2 1/2 rides up Pine Creek. It's been exceedingly hot outside. WindDancer still has an abscess on his foot (but hopefully we can put plastic/fiberglass pads on him so I can start riding again) and Quincy has a gnarly puncture wound on the back of his hoof so long story short is that I've been riding Cracker a lot.  

Other than getting hay and doing the basics around here I think that's all missed blogging about. Today I've got an 8 hour ride scheduled, however I'm hoping we can cut it short because it is supposed to be rather hot again. 

Hopefully I'll remember to blog more often - it's just so hard when I get busy and tired!


No comments:

Post a Comment