Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sometimes I Forget to Blog

Sometimes I forget to blog because I'm too busy riding my horse and baking cupcakes!

Before I came home I was up at the lodge, and boy o' boy was the snow melting! This might sound a little weird, but I haven't seen dirt up there in a while. I'm excited for the snow to melt because I really want to get a horse up there so I can ride.  I just hope that the snowpack holds so we have some moisture this summer. It not, it's gonna be another dry one!

View from the Back Deck
 Getting up and down the road can be interesting when the snow starts to melt. Often it results in (me) walking down the road to the nearest vehicle then driving it back up so we can  park closer and closer.

Walking down the road.
Neat Tree Photo
 I've actually had time to take care of my horses, which is really nice. Lance, my old man, isn't looking to great. Then again he is REALLY old, so I have to admit I'm surprised he lasted the winter. I think he's excited that I'm home. It means he gets to eat his senior grain everyday. What horse wouldn't want to eat grain everyday?!
Lance Walking Himself... Wish all horses
were this talented.
Lancelot after eating his grain.

Oh hello camera!
I'm super excited too because Heidi sent me an Easter package. Which means I have all sorts of hot chocolate flavors to try! I love love love these! Thanks sister dear.

Hot Chocolate Varieties

 I also got some riding in while I was checking fences. Both Quin and Window got super sweaty, but I hope this will get them ready for summer time. If nothing else, it is helping them shed some of their winter hair!
Quin

Riding Windancer
Window after the ride
Wow... I forgot what happens when I don't blog. So much to catch up on!  My mom sent me this recipe for a "different" sort of ice cream. It's super creamy and rich and I actually really like it. I just have to make sure I don't count calories. If you want to try it yourself here is the recipe I made. Originally from here.

Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream

2 cups heavy cream1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk3 tablespoons butter, melted1/2 tsp ground cinnamon1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in large bowl. Whisk sweetened condensed milk, butter, cinnamon, and vanilla in large bowl. Mix well. Fold in whipped cream.


Pour into a 2-quart container and cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Store in freezer.



This is what "pre-frozen" looks like.
 Another bonus for this super rich cream based dessert is using it in hot chocolate. It's really delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment