Sunday, March 10, 2013

Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Black and White

I don't normally work in a black and white medium. Why? Well, I enjoy shooting black and white with an SLR - not a digital camera. I love using my grandpa's Minolta camera... there is something about working with black and white film that is amazing. I could scan in some photos from my SLR, but that seems like an lot of work. So instead, have a look at some black and white photos I've captured with my digital camera.

This is Eagle Cap of the Eagle Cap Wilderness, standing majestically over a land once filled with Cayuse, Shoshone, and Nez Perce Indians.


The monkeys at Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia seem to guard the temple from touchy tourists. This little guy sat still long enough for me to grab this photo.


I think vines are really intriguing. It's fascinating how they are able to wrap around a tree and work their way towards the sunlight far, far above. This photo was captured when I was in Australia doing plot samples in a rainforest. Talk about an awesome place to spend the day!


Similar to vines are exposed tree roots - they twist and curve in the most interesting shapes! This tree root structure is one I accidentally stumbled across while hiking in Moab, Utah. I love each root and the shape it produces - not to mention it's next to an incredible red rock face, which gives it such a perfect background.


And of course, what would a blog post by Katlin be without some horses? I love this photo because we came from the hills that you can barely make out in the distance. I forget exactly how many miles we rode that day - but I can tell you we left at seven am and didn't get back to the trailhead until 11 o'clock at night. Still - it was worth it to see this view!



I’m participating in the online adventure travel and photography magazine LetsBeWild.com’s Wild Weekly Photo Challenge for bloggers This week’s Challenge is: Black and White!

No comments:

Post a Comment