Sunday, February 24, 2013

Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Sunrise!

Coming from a ranching family, it is common to get up before the sun rises. Usually though, at this hour, I'm busy feeding the horses or cooking breakfast for the guests up here at Cornucopia Lodge so I never have my camera handy.

I do however have some sunrise photos that I truly love. And, to me, it wouldn't be a sunrise photo if you only saw one shot of the series.  Here are two "photo-series" of the sun rising both taken in Australia.

This first series of photos was taken during a visit to Uluru or Ayer's rock. While the tourists were busy watching Uluru change colors, I was snapping photos of the beautiful sunrise.  I love this because you can just barely seeing the sun coming up in the last photo. (Also if you look closely you might be able to see the heads of other tourists in the photos!)






These second photo sunrise series requires me to tell you a little story: Once I went to the Outback (of Australia) with ten other college-aged students. Somehow we came up with a plan to climb to the top of Mount Sonder at 2am, so that we might catch a glimpse of the sunrise. The eighteen kilometer hike reminded me that I am not a hiker, I am a horseback rider, but the blisters and sore muscles I got from Mount Sonder was totally worth it to see that sun come up over the horizon. Isn't it gorgeous?!









I’m participating in the online adventure travel and photography magazine LetsBeWild.com’s Wild Weekly Photo Challenge for bloggers This week’s Challenge is: Sunrise, so get up early this week and take some shots of the sky!

3 comments:

  1. What strong beautiful colors. It must be great to wake up to that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all but for some reason the last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete