Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 New Years Resolutions


It's 01/01/2013, which means the perfect day to jot down some new year's resolutions! These aren't the best resolutions, but they were all I could think of. ('13' for 2013.)

1. Figure out what the heck I'm doing in life. A little ambitious and ambiguous? Perhaps.
2. Continue to work with little Misty and the horses across the road. I'll get them rideable... you just watch.
3. Travel. (Specifically to southeast Asia.)
4. Use snail mail to send letters and postcards to my friends.
5. Continue to keep Horse Camp profitable and perhaps get 'Catch a Falling Star Rides' up and running.
6. Look into a Masters Program or at least take the GRE.
7. Maintain a healthy weight and keep my muscles nice and toned.
8. Read more.
9. Knit a piece of clothing (sweater, vest, etc.)
10. Continue to improve my musical talents with all of my instruments.
11. Drink more water! This is more challenging than it should be...
12. Keep blogging! (Also, print my blog so I have a physical copy of it.)
13. Learn how to work with fondant for cakes and cupcakes.

Let's take a look back at my 2012 New Year's resolutions and see how I did...
1.  Travel. Generally speaking this shouldn't be too hard. Especially since spring semester means Spring Break... which is the perfect opportunity for a little travel. Well - I think I did pretty good with this one. For Spring Break I headed to Las Vegas with my friends, went on a mini vacation with my sister to Spokane Washington and Coeur d'Alene Idaho, and planned a trip to southeast Asia.
2.  Graduate from Utah State.  Done and done! I not only graduated, but I graduated with latin honors, was a Xi Sigma Pi member, had service-learning honors, and went out with a rockin' GPA.
3. Workout on a somewhat regular basis.  Really I just want a six pack/rock hard stomach. And great biceps.  I worked out a fair amount and I really got into Zumba. My biceps are fantastic and my abs are harder than rocks (although not a defined six pack.)
4. Make time during school for things that I love to do. Check. 
5. Work during the summer and really dig into the outfitting and horse camp.  I want to make this business fly. Well Horse Camp made money. So that counts, right?
6. Spend more time with family and friends.  I spent a ton of time with my friends in Utah and I live my family so I get a ton of "family" time.
7. Live life without regrets. Sure I guess.
8. Memorize campfire songs for my guitar. I failed so epically with this. Haha. But I bought an Native American Flute so at least I kept music in the mix.
9.  Figure out how to correctly play the didgeridoo. This is going to take more than just one year, but so far I'm making progress.
10.  Make all the cupcakes in my cupcake book... except the rat cupcakes.  Those scare me. I'm slowly working my way through the cupcake book. I just love making cupcakes!
11. Break little Misty to ride... and break in some of the horses from across the rode. Those wild things. Little Misty is ridable! She's still a little spooky around tarps and loud noises, but really another summer of miles will help her a lot! As for the horses across the road, they've gotten to know me better but I have yet to really work with just one and break 'em in.
12. Knit a hat. I think I'll knit a hat this week or next. Although I didn't manage to get one done in 2012, I managed to knit 4 Christmas presents of other sorts... so that's pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment