Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Blog

We spent Christmas at the house in Union. I bought a massive tree and nicknamed 'the bush.'  It's a beaut. 

My mom and I always went to a living nativity... which had a camel! It probably means something when I'm most excited about a camel but, seriously, how often do you find a camel in La Grande, Oregon? And of course I always have a camera with me. Thus I present you with camel pictures.

Camel lead rope in my face.
Camel in La Grande at the Living Nativity.
Christmas eve was spent feeding my lovely Lancelot, eating finger food, then watching It's a Wonderful Life. (I love that movie!) My dad and I watched some other great movies such as Real Steal and I Bought a Zoo; It'd recommend both movies if you haven't seen them yet.


Lance eating his hay looking super cute!
On Christmas day my mom made fantastic cinnamon rolls and then went to go pick up my grandma. I love opening presents and watching others open presents.  I love my new Tony Lama boots - they are so snazzy and fancy! I just wish it was summer so I could wear them all the time!  I also love this horse blanket that my grandma got me! Isn't is gorgeous?!


Amazing horse blanket  from my grandma!
Brand new Tony Lama boots... I'm in love!
I also got clothes, a beautiful coat from my dad, awesome fingernail polish and lotion from my grandma, presents from Heidi's 'USA Trip', lotion from mom, and neat presents from my friend Kelsie. All in all it was a fantastic Christmas and I thought I'd share this quote: David O. McKay said: “True happiness comes only by making others happy. … The [spirit of] Christmas … makes our hearts glow in brotherly love and friendship and prompts us to kind deeds of service. It is the spirit of the gospel of Jesus Christ.”

After the busy Christmas season it was sad to take the tree down and remove the decorations. I love this season so much, I never want it to stop. Plus the snow, gingerbread cookies, candy, fudge, and sparkling apple cider are fantastic and I never tire of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment