Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

Today has been a good turkey day and a very good Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for my family and my friends. I'm thankful for the ability that I have to travel. I'm thankful for the kind banker who told me I have amazing credit and made me feel like a person, not a number. I'm thankful for my faith. I'm thankful for my amazing puppy dog Scout. I'm thankful for a great group of friends - even if they are several states away. I'm thankful that I was able to graduate this year. I'm thankful that I have been able to have all the adventures and experiences I have.  I'm thankful that I have musical talents (and that even after months or years of not playing I can still pick up instruments without hesitation). I'm also thankful for technology because it allows me to blog, communicate with my friends, plan world travels with the click of a mouse, and talk to family halfway on the other side of the country.

Hehe... Perfect Family Photo
I'm also thankful that I can still make decent looking Thanksgiving cupcakes with pilgrim hats.

Pilgram Hat Funfetti Students
I'm thankful for everything in my life. Oh and the food - such great food today.

All to Easy Thanksgiving Cupcakes
Basically I was (really) short on time so I whipped up some of these cupcakes. If you wanted these to be "fancier" definitely make a cake from scratch, make the frosting from scratch, and take more time to decorate.

One Box Funfetti Cake Mix
Matching Funfetti Frosting

Once you've got your cupcakes out of the oven frost them as normal or you can pipe the frosting for a better effect. Then make some pilgrim hats: I used Keebler Fudge Stripes and mini Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.  Simply take the mini Reece's, unwrap them, then place a small dap on the top of the peanut butter cup. Flip the cup upside down and place it on the fudge side of the Keebler cookie. You're almost done!

Next mix up some colored frosting. I used yellow then red in a last stitch effort to make my cupcakes fancier. Pipe the frosting around the Reece's then make a small square (just like in the photo above). You're so close to done... all you have to do is stick you finished hat on your cupcakes and prepare to serve them!

No comments:

Post a Comment