Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fixin' Fence Time

I managed to make it off the hill from Cayuse and sneak in a few days at home.  In the spirit of November I can honestly say that I am thankful for running hot water and electricity - sometimes the creature comforts just make you feel good! 
The little zig-zag down the mountain is the horse trail.
I'm not really looking forward to the end of hunting season. It's going to get colder and more miserable, plus I'm sure that it's going to snow. Everything at Moss Springs shouldn't be too bad, but I'm not thrilled to go back to Cayuse. I have to admit that Cayuse is really pretty though.  The landscape is awe-inspiring to say the least.

I'm glad I don't have to take the stock to water here at home. It took a long time to saddle up then take horse after horse over to the water. But at least it was warm while I was up there.

Cayuse Flats with the only waterhole in miles.
Road to Cayuse (after getting elk meat out).
Since getting home yesterday I have definitely divulged into the luxuries of a town. I was lucky enough  to go eat Mexican in town with mom (thanks to dad for buying mom and I dinner) and then catch the movie 'Wreck it Ralph.'  Such a cute show! It was way better than I had ever expected!  I highly recommend seeing it if you like light-hearted funny (animated) movies. 

This morning was spent fixing the fence along the road. Don't ya just love when people drive into the fence then don't fix it? Anyways, I'm currently planning a trip to Southeast Asia with my friend Alexis. It should be really great and it's coming together! Thailand, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Singapore, then maybe Vietnam. I just hope we get it all figured out and start booking things!

Pine Cones at Cayuse Flats


No comments:

Post a Comment