Friday, October 5, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

It's fall and something on my "fall bucket list" is to make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. After browsing many recipes I think I've come up with the perfect combination.  A lot of recipes out there call for a lot of oil (about a 1 1/4 cups)... which seems like an awful lot. But they taste great! An alternative is to do half oil, half applesauce. It doesn't seem to effect the taste at all!



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1-16 ounce can pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil (Ekk!)
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt

Pinch (or more) of Nutmeg
Semi-sweet chocolate chips. If you are like me you'll use a lot, but you can lighten it up with less than 12 oz.


Directions:
First off, make sure you preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. I have a temperamental oven... so something this is a struggle, but it's always entertaining.

Make sure you are prepped with a muffin pan or two. I think it's personal preference if you use muffin liners or not. As always, I use them until I run out - which happens more often than it should!

In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients (sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt). Set aside once mixed.


Oh... I'm a mixin'!
In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and oil until smooth.

Add the wet ingredients (egg, pumpkin, vanilla extract, and oil) to the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips.
My 16 oz of pumpkin pre-measured
Combining egg, oil, pumpkin, and vanilla extract.

Dumping, I mean folding, in the chocolate chips.
Fill muffin liners (or greased pan) 2/3 of the way full.
Please cook fast!
Bake for approximately 15-10 mins or until lightly browned on top. Transfer to cooling rack.

Should yield approximately 25 standard-sized muffins.

And they are scrumptious! 

Hope you enjoy these little beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment