Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Packing in the Snow

I think I'm in the wrong profession.
That's my frozen hair.

I hate being cold, miserable and wet. And packing seems to involve a lot of cold, wet, snow. Brrr.  This week involved frozen fingers, toes, and hair.  I don't know how on earth I'm going to last till second season.

On Saturday Jim and I headed into Tamarack. It's beautiful up there, but it had rained then snowed so I didn't bother taking my camera. Sunday we headed to a campsite called BigPot. It's beautiful up there, but the ridge top was rather chilly. (To say the least!)

At least I got brave and exposed my camera/bare finger to the elements to snap some pictures.
Heading into Big Pot

Once you drop down into Big Pot, the chill went away - but man o' man it was cold coming out of the camp. Drop camps are always interesting. You never know what gear customers will bring or how many mules you will need. It's the nature of the business, I guess.

Heading out of Big Pot

Looking towards Moss Springs
Monday we packed up gear, got the hunters up on some horses, and headed towards Mud Flats. There are a couple reasons I like Mud Flats - the main reason being that it's close to the trailhead and it only a six hour round trip. Although we certainly got a lot of snow the whole ride.

Working our way out of Mud Flats
 Thank goodness that I didn't have to ride today. I'm really glad that I got a break and a chance to warm up!

(Sorry for any spelling mistakes... I'm really tired!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment