Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Baker County Fair and Panhandle Rodeo

I was pretty busy over this past Labor Day weekend taking horse rides out, but I managed to make it down to Halfway for the Panhandle Rodeo and Baker County Fair, even though it wasn't very far to travel to.

I just love rodeos... so much! Oh, and I love elephant ears! All that cinnamon and sugar... who could resist?  The Panhandle Rodeo had some really great events like cowhide rides, bronc riding, bull riding, barrel racing, wild cow milking, and mule chariot races. It was great to be able to spend a few hours in town away from the Lodge.  It was super fun and I'm glad that I got to go.

I thought I'd share some pictures I took at the rodeo (click on them to enlarge). Don't these make you want to be part of the action?

Rodeo Grounds
Bronc Riding
Cowhide Races
Bull Riding
I definitely will get involved with rodeo one of these days! Besides, I have a super shiny belt which would fit in with that crowd... and I'm pretty good at riding horses.

Scout & I after the rodeo on the deck of the lodge.
Then there are times that you really feel great about your job, like this post on Cornucopia Lodge's Facebook page from Jen.
"A big thank you to Katelynn for making our trail ride so much fun on Sunday! Although it was our first time on a trail ride (and basically even being on horses!), her calm, positive personality and obvious knowledge of the area and skill on horses made us feel happy, relaxed, and welcome! Thank you so much, we can't wait for next summer to come back and do a longer trail ride (hopefully with Katelynn as our guide again!) : )"

1 comment:

  1. GREAT PHOTOS LOVE THE HELLS CANYON & EAGLE CAPS AREA.. ATTENDED THE RODEO IN HALFWAY THIS YEAR

    ReplyDelete