Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Home for a Day or Two

It seems like I haven't updated my blog very often, which is true, because I've been really busy and tired. However, I though I'd take the time do run some updates past you folks.

First, days off are far too in-between. But I'm glad that I finally have a day or two at home. Yesterday I drove home and did some 'chores' like washing my laundry, washing and vacuuming out my truck, grabbing the mail, and buying some ice-cream and a froze pizza. Yes. I still eat like a college kid when I can!  It was great to spend the rest of the evening zoning-out in front of the t.v. and relaxing some with a pizza and ice-cream.

This morning I went outside and rode Lance. What a sweetheart he is! I just laying on him for hours and watching the clouds roll by.  I wish that he wasn't so old, but I'm glad that he is still around for me to love on!

Lance. 27 and still going strong!
I also saw a hawk sitting on the tree branch in the back pasture. He was so majestic looking. I just wish I had gotten a great picture of him so I could show you.

After lunch, I grabbed a trailer and headed over to Mary's house to go horse riding. (Mary is a great friend from high school!) It was fun to get out and go riding with a friend and I'm glad that I can to spend time with a friend. It was a much needed break from the routine I've fallen into. Plus, we caught up on chit chat and had a great time working the horses up by Moss Springs!

ADD ON: I forgot to mention the huge spider that was in the trailer! Seriously... it was massive! And pretty disgusting looking. Maybe a cat spider? Ugh. I can't believe we had to untie the horses next to that thing! Yuck!

A quick trip to Wal-Mart then Wells-Fargo ended the day. It's back to sitting in front the the t.v. and watching some shows before bed. Life is pretty good right now. Thats for sure.


In case you want some more updates... keep reading!

Horse Camp has ended and that season is over. In one way it's a relief. In another way, it's completely scary. Now what do I do? Typically I would be heading off to college right about now. But since I graduated this is a whole new ball park. It should be interesting. 

Toby (Quin) and WindDancer with the Cornucopia Mountains

Last weekend we held the 5th Annual Poker Ride. I guess the best way to describe the Poker Ride is a horse ride where at starting, stopping, and mid-way points you draw a poker card. It's a five card stud, meaning that at the end whoever has the best poker hand wins. It is a beautiful ride and it was neat to meet different people. This year we didn't have as many people as we usually do, so it wasn't too stressful on my end.

Looking out at Clear Creek Reservoir

Clear Creek Reservoir

Beautiful Photo!
I'll end with two great quotes: 'Talking to your Best Friend is sometimes all the therapy you need.' (And my best friend is my horse!)  'Love comes in all shapes and forms, but the love of an animal is the purest. ♥'

No comments:

Post a Comment