Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

On Friday I went and saw the Huntsman school of Business 'E Week' BMX bike event.  It was pretty crazy to see what BMX bikers can do! I could never do something that crazy.  Flips and spins and whatnot... wow... but more exciting is the fact that my mom came down from Oregon!

Friday night we went and saw the Hunger Games after downing a delicious Tandoori oven [curry] dinner.  It was my second time and it was my mom's first time seeing the movie.  And what a good movie it is!  I am really excited to see the rest of the movies and see how everything plays out.

By the time we got back to my apartment of Friday I was dead tired. So we hit the hay.

Saturday we woke up and I got to eat amazing cinnamon rolls that my mom made. She is the best!  The best the best!  After breakfast we headed into town to get the tires on my truck changed over. So exciting right?  Well, afterwards we went to Cal Ranch store, then the Cache Valley Mall, then we headed over to Baby Animal Days at the American West Heritage Center.  Baby animals! So freaking cute!  It was lots of fun out there and we even went on a hay ride. It was loads of fun.



Once we finished up to Baby Animal Days it was back to my apartment to get ready to head to the Awards Banquet - the annual College of Natural Resources banquet were scholarship recipients are recognized and senior award are handed out.  I'm proud to say that I am the Outstanding Senior for my department: Environment and Society for 2012.  I'm really excited about this award and I am super honored that I was chosen by the faculty of the department.


Sunday morning mom hid Easter eggs for me! I might be a senior at Utah State... but my college education hasn't helped my Easter egg hunting skills.  I missed some really obvious eggs! It was lots of fun and I'm glad that I finally hunted all the eggs, after some helpful hints.

The rest of Sunday we spent picnicking at Willow Park, going to the Willow Park zoo, then talking a long river walk.  It was so nice to be outside and soak up the sun!


We ate corned beef, red potatoes, and carrots for dinner - then finished off with rich ice-cream sandwiches. After which, we watched the movie War Horse that I got in my Easter basket!  I love War Horse!

I know have enough candy to last me... forever.  So many peeps, M&Ms, and Reece's peanut butter cups!

Let me finish by saying that there are 25 days until I graduate! Which really boils down to 13 school days! holy cow. That's crazy stuff right there. I'm not sure I'm prepared for 'real life' yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment