Monday, April 23, 2012

Another Monday Blog Post

Today is supposed to have a high of 86 degrees F.  I am excited to say the least! I don't think people really understand how much I love warm weather, or perhaps if you've read this blog long enough you do understand.

Sunset Sunday Night
I can't believe that this week is dead week (the last real week of classes).  Then next week is finals. Then I graduate.  I think this is happening all too fast!

I'm excited to graduate, but at the same time I am terrified. Why? Because I've been in school since 1st grade and I'm not sure if I'm ready for the real world.  I mean, I think I am prepared for the real world, but not really ready. I don't even know if that makes since.

I'll really miss Utah State, the College of Natural Resources, and my friends. Moving back to Oregon is really exciting and I'm counting down the days until I can ride my horse, however it will be weird to not go to school.  And what about grad school? Is it in my future... or will I settle with a Bachelors? There are so many questions that I don't have the answer to yet. But, I think for right now I am ok with that.

This morning, before work, I was reading an article in the Deseret Newspaper. It said that 1 in 2 new graduates are jobless or underemployed and that the weak labor market means young college graduates don't fully use their skills or knowledge and they are scraping by in lower-wage jobs.  I guess I am really thankful for my families business and the opportunity my dad is giving me to come home and work. I think sometimes people in my field (Recreation Resource Management) struggle to find a full time job that isn't seasonal. A job that really let's them use their skills.  So, I'm glad that I will have the chance to jump with both feet in and really apply my skills. Or at least what skills I think I have.

Ok. Enough about the scary future. I mean... bright future.  I've been working on a fun little post all about "my" Utah State. So keep your eyes open for it in the near future.  And until then enjoy the warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment