Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February 14th... 2012

Today is February 14th.  Some call it "singles awareness day". Some call it just another commercialized holiday. I call it Valentines day.  So Happy Valentines Day!

Fun fact for every: Oregon was officially made a state February 14th, 1859.



Another fun fact.  I forgot to blog about Saturday night and Sunday.  


Saturday I spent most of the day sleeping in, watching movies, doing homework, and just being lazy.  It wasn't too terribly exciting. That was until Erin called me.  Her and her hubby had an extra ticket to go a local high school production of Beauty and the Beast. So of course I went with them!


The Beast makeup. Wow!
The play was pretty amazing for a high school production! Can you believe there were 65 kids in the cast? Holy cow. And the costumes were awesome! And it was really fun to watch!  It made for a pretty fun Saturday night.  If you want to read about the production check out this article by the Herald Journal News [Click Here].  There are also a bunch of photos from the Smithfield Sun [click here] which shows the ornate costumes.  So much fun!


On Sunday Erin, Alexis, Jordan, Jill, Sydney, and I all went to Josie's farewell out in Smithfield. She's leaving for her LDS mission to Calgary Canada tomorrow. I'm really excited for her and I think it will be a good experience.  Still. I'll miss our little traditions. Like eating popcorn at 9:30 in the morning at work or going to the Quadside for bagels. Oh and hot chocolate. We both love hot chocolate.


After her farewell everyone went and ate soup. It was delicious. And the cake was scrumptious.  It was a pretty good Sunday if I say so myself.

Also... My mom is the sweetest person ever! She sent me chocolate chip cookie mix, brownie mix, York mints (my favorite!), awesome socks, pink stuffed frog, and cute little jewelry box.  Love her!  She is amazing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment