Monday, December 5, 2011

A Merry Christmas to You!

I wrote this post twice. The first time was far too wordy. This time around I'm going to try to keep it shorter.

Tuesday.  Decorating the Quinney Christmas tree.  Like it? I think it's pretty awesome myself!  I love the fact that I can decorate trees at work!

Thursday.  Several natural resource students got together and went to Angie's, a local restaurant, to clean the sink. What's the sink? An entire sink full of ice-cream!
The full sink...

..the empty sink.
Good thing there was six of us to clean up all the ice-cream! The best part of the night was when Fee Busby (a great professor) saw us at Angie's and paid for our entire meal without telling us!  It makes me so thankful to know that I have had the chance to get to know such wonderful professors! I'm also glad that Hesper, Jen, Caitlin, Erin and Matt were all able to come!

Friday.  Ice. So much ice! After a busy day at school I went over to Jen's house to bake gingerbread cookies and hang out.  Then it became so icy we decided that driving back to my apartment would be a terrible idea so I crashed at Jen's house and spent the night on her floor.

Saturday. Jen and I made a last minute decision to head down to Salt Lake City to the Gateway Mall to do some Christmas shopping.  Yes. That means that I bought presents for my family! (Be excited!) It was such much fun to wander around Salt Lake City. We then headed up to Ogden and went to another mall. Which equalled eating cinnamon rolls for dinner. So yummy!


Sunday.  I slept and boy o'boy did it feel good.  I managed to get some things done around my apartment then Josie called me and asked me if I want to go to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. Of course! So I drove back down to Salt Lake City.  The devotional was amazing and I am so thankful for the Christmas season. I am also thankful that Josie and I had seats that we perfectly centered! It was amazing.


Monday. Today was the College of Natural Resources Christmas social. Have I mentioned that I LOVE my college? I spent the day working on a presentation, setting up for the Christmas social, then eating potato soup in bread bowls and tasting the many desserts.  Speaking of desserts... I won best candy! Hooray for peppermint krispies. Yum yum! My prize was a pedometer. I'm not sure that I'll use it - but perhaps I might since I now own own.


Now I'm going to finish writing a paper (or at least start on it so I can get it done before the end of the week) and finish working on my notes for a presentation tomorrow. And drink my peppermint hot chocolate. Oh yeah.

It was so much fun to hang out with all of my friends at the social and laugh about good times.  It's certainly turning into a very merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment