Sunday, October 30, 2011

CarnEvil

On Saturday night I volunteered at the Howl 2011 "CarnEvil."  The Howl, which is held in the Taggart Student Center, is Utah's largest Halloween party!  It's an all-college part with attracts, literally, thousands of students across Utah.  (I believe we had between 6,000 and 6,500 people in attendance on Saturday!)

Yes... I'm standing next to the lead singer Will Pugh :)
(He's in the blue pullover in the center!)
As a student volunteer I was placed on the Hospitality Committee for the Howl.

Basically our crew was in charge of the entertainment for the night. That meant making sure the bands, dance crews, DJs, fortune tellers, snake charmers, and clowns were happy/fed/and rooms secured.

We also got to several 30 minute breaks, in which we actually got to go enjoy the party.  

Cartel Live.
Cartel was one of the bands that performed at the Howl.  Cartel is a pretty big pop rock back and we got to chill with them before they went on stage to perform.  It was pretty awesome!

All in all it was a great night!  I got to see a lot of my friends at the Howl, listen to great music, help set up and take down (which lasted until 2:30 am) and enjoyed ten hours of volunteering!


video
Clown + Snake = Awesome.
Oh... I forgot to post this picture of Patsy's office.  Sydney and I decorated it on Friday for her birthday.  :)  It was pretty fun!  And I hope that she had a fantastic birthday!!
Patsy's Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment