Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


This post might seem a little scatter brained. And it is. :)  So first let's start off with yesterday.

Apparently I did take some pictures walking to the square.  Here is Australia, because they are in the Southern Hemisphere, are going into "winter."  Does it look like winter to you?  All I see is a sidewalk with green grass lining it, and maybe a little hint of brown.  I guess it is getting colder at night, but it's still amazing weather.  When I go back to the US it will be summer and I am so excited because that basically means I will have eight months of warm weather. Unheard of!


Despite working all summer I love it and can't wait for it to come!  I love spending countless hours on horse back surrounded by the majestic wilderness mountains. And I am so giddy to ride my horse when I get back! Just so excited!!

Today was a beautiful Sunday and it was so perfectly warm.  I had the privilege of giving a talk in church about my mom and I am so blessed to have her in my life. So without further a due.. Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there!


My mom is an amazing example to me every day. Even when I am halfway around the world or in the middle of no where.  She always helps me choose the right, see the good side of life, and she is my rock.  I love her so much! And I hope that she never forgets it.  And to my sister who is an excellent mother herself!  And to my Grandma who always loves me!


I just wanted to write one more thing on this post before I finish up.  (This goes to show how awesome my mom is.)  I am getting pretty skimpy on food because I don't have that much longer left here in Lismore, so it would be pointless to spend heaps of money shopping. I was telling my mom that I really wanted a dessert but didn't have any ingredients to make cookies or cake.  So what does she do? Find me a recipe for peanut butter cookies that only has three ingredients; all of which I happen to have in my cupboard. And they are so yummy!

Love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment