Thursday, May 5, 2011

Buckle Down

I always hate when school starts to wrap up. There's a variety of reasons that I say this, but the main reason is because in the last month of school you have more homework, studying, and more things to memorize than you do in the entire semester. I've got exams, presentations, and essays all due in the next two weeks!

But on a different note, my time here is Australia has gone by far to fast! I can't believe that I only have 7 more days of school left! This is my [class] schedule: Monday-Wed (May 9th-11th). Monday-Wed ( May 16th-18th). Then one exam after my trip to Sydney on the 27th of May.  Crazy! But don't worry, I am still in the land down under until June 17th!


That being said, I spent all of yesterday doing homework.  I fueled myself with delicious food. Watermelon, steak, corn on the cob, and mashed potatoes. Then sat here all day writing essays. This is also my plan for today.  I certainly hope that I can get out and do something tomorrow though!

I guess I did take one break yesterday after dinner to make a dessert Hillary found online. The end result was banana bites.


Start out with wax paper or something that you can put into the freeze. Then take a banana and slice it. The slices can be thin or thick depending on your desire, then put them on the pan or paper. Next you'll want to spread either chunky or smooth peanut butter over each banana slice. (I found that the more peanut butter the better!) Melt some chocolate chips in a sauce pan then heavily coat each slice in chocolate. Then put them in the freezer and enjoy when the chocolate is frozen!  If you want to make them a little fancier you can put chopped nuts on top before the chocolate sets.

After that little adventure (which tasted amazing!) I decided it was time to upgrade my hair skills. I've got the basic curl, straightened, braid, half-up, and bun skills rockin' but that's all. I stumbled across a really neat website showing how to do fishtail braids.  They look awesome and after some practice I think it might be my new favorite thing to do!


Well, it's back to the grind of homework for me!  Hopefully today and tomorrow will hold something exciting in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment