Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Eltham Rainforest Remnant

Field trips. Are awesome. Why? Because it means getting out there in the real world (instead of the classroom) and getting your hands dirty... Or muddy.  Actually it wasn't my hands that got muddy but it was my feet. Poor shoes.  Poor pants.  Poor white backpack that now has small brown spots on it.


But, aside from the mud, this was a great experience. I felt like exploring this rainforest remnant gave me a new perspective on how ecosystems work.  The rainforest was extremely diverse and it was neat to see the vines and weed trees.  Even the smallest tree can have four or five different plants growing on it, trying to reach the canopy.

I also had a great team to work with, so that was a bonus!

Tomorrow is my tourism class (nothing too exciting happening in it)... but after that I have my first official outback trip meeting!  I am so excited!!


Well, today was certainly adventurous and so was yesterday.  If you haven't checked out my Nimbin blog post from Monday I hope you do.  You can either find it below or by clicking here.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Poor shoes! Hope they come clean! If not they will bring home some true Australian rain forest on them!

    ReplyDelete