Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Classes


Yesterday I managed to survive my biology lab and I already know more about a flower than I ever want to.  We got to dissect Australian flowers using razor blades and tweezers, then had a identify all of the different parts and write out floral formulas. (I really need to do my reading and make sure that keep up in class because this might be a little challenging but exciting too!)  Although I generally dislike biology I'm attempting to go into this class - plant identification and conservation - with some enthusiasm.  After all, we get to go to a field trip into the rainforest near Lismore!


I also got to attend my first outdoor education lecture and tutorial. I have to admit that I am pretty happy with that class because I love anything that has to do with being in the great outdoors!  It also has two field trips that will involve camping, hiking, and living in the bush. I am so excited to get out and camp in the outdoors!!


Today I have tourism class. Not really sure what it will be like.  Not even really sure what we cover. But I hope it will be good!  I'm sure I'll blog all about it after class is over.  For now it's time to shower and get ready for the day!

Oh, before I forget, I looked at an Aboriginal map of Australia.  Check it out! There is a mass of land they called "Eyre." Oh yeah!

2 comments: