Tuesday, January 11, 2011

High Tide

I thought about several things today.  I thought about how much I love horses. I thought about how much I love having friends to talk to.  And I thought about how odd my blog posts are.  You know, with the big then little font.  Someone told me it was weird, and perhaps it is, but I think I like it that way.  It's unique.  And I can understand that I am going overkill with the whole odd-paragraph-spacing thing.  So perhaps I will try to keep it more "normal."  (Whatever that is.)  So what do you think?


Now on to latest and breaking news.  No, I'm not referring to the shooting in Arizona, but rather the flooding in Brisbane, Australia. If you don't already know this I am going to Australia soon.  And Brisbane is the city I am supposed to fly into. But with the waters are high as they are over 20,000 people are in danger and 22 have already been killed in Queensland.

According to an AP article, "This incident is not a tourist event — this is a deeply serious natural disaster," Queensland state Premier Anna Bligh said. "Stay in your homes. Do not travel unless it is absolutely necessary."  I highly suggest you read the article, which can be found at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40996681/ns/weather?GT1=43001.  



And I say this not just because I am going to Australia but because I believe people should take an interest in world events. Of course, I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried.  Because I am.  I hope this doesn't effect my schooling or plane flight.  But until then I will keep my eye on the news and be watching for more updates.  If you want to read more on the flooding check our this article from the Yahoo! News: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110111/ap_on_re_as/as_australia_flooding

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your blog posts :) and I miss you...And I like your dog...And when you dropped your candy cane! There are so many other things I like about you, that is all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you! And I'm glad you like my dog. He's kind of awesome like that. And miss you!

    ReplyDelete